Microsoft’s open source “Sonar” tool for test your site’s performance and securityNovember 16, 2017
Top 5 Free WordPress Shortcode PluginsNovember 23, 2017
Exporting and importing theme customizer settings allow you to use identical configuration on one other WordPress website. If you are beginning a new WordPress website and wish to import the Customizer settings used on a previous site then exporting and import are a good feature. This will enable you to move theme customizer settings from one website to a different while not having to move content and database. For this, you have to install and activate the Customizer Export/Import plugin on both sites where you want to export/import. WordPress provide exporting and importing but only exports posts and pages and save data in the XML file. If you want to export/import customizer settings of theme then this plugin is awesome.
Steps to import/export theme customizer settings in WordPress –
- The first thing you need to do is install and activate the Customizer Export/Import plugin on both sites where you want to export/import.
- Now to go to Appearance -> Customize page from your WordPress dashboard.
- Next, you have to click on the ‘Export/Import’ panel to view its settings.
- click on the ‘Export’ button from ‘Export/Import’ panel.
- The plugin will export your customizer settings and save data in a file with .dat extension.
- To import customizer settings –
- Now to go to Appearance -> Customize from your WordPress dashboard and click on the Export/Import panel.
- Now you need to click on the ‘Choose file’ button and select .dat file. You have to select the checkbox ‘Download and import image files?’ option to import header and other image files.
- Next is to click on the ‘Import’ button to start uploading.
- The plugin will import the customizer settings from your export file (.dat file)
The plugin only exports theme settings using in theme customizer and does not export site data like menus, widgets, images, and more. You will have to manually setup those changes.
Thanks for reading this blog post. Stay continue with us for the more interesting blog post.